INSTRUCTIONS: Use the words in the box to make up 10 titles of traditional British pantomimes, then match each title with a storyline listed below e.g. A story about a sailor (Sinbad).
Target Language or Knowledge:
1. The pantomime Aladdin features a magic lamp that grants wishes.
2. Cinderella is about a girl with two ugly sisters and a wicked stepmother.
3. Dick Whittington comes to London seeking his fortune, with only a cat for company.
4. In Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, a girl falls asleep after biting a poisoned apple.
5. Sleeping Beauty is the heroine who is woken up after 100 years by a Prince.
6. Robin Hood lives in the forest with his band of men and steals from the rich to give to the poor.
7. In Sinbad, the sailor fights sea monsters.
8. Mother Goose has a bird who lays golden eggs.
9. Beauty and the Beast reminds us that beauty is only skin deep.
10. Charles Dickens wrote the short story A Christmas Carol, which can be performed as a pantomime.
Aladdin Cinderella Dick Whittington Snow White and the Seven Dwarves Sleeping Beauty Robin Hood Sinbad Mother Goose Beauty and the Beast A Christmas Carol
Write new sentences about 3 of the pantomimes above:
Discussion Be the first to comment about this worksheet.