Cloze Test Worksheet
Kindly Shared By:
Date Shared: 21 August 2018
Tags Describing Content or Audience:
RULE: With irregular plural nouns that do NOT end with "s," add an apostrophe and "s." for possessives.e.g. cat > cats > cats' pyjamas but mouse > mice > mice's feet (not mices')INSTRUCTION: First, make word in brackets plural THEN add apostrophe - nouns are regular OR irregular.e.g. The cat heard the (mouse) feet as they ran along the wall = MICE'S feet
1. The (bacteria) invasion of the cells was studied by a bioscientist. BACTERIA'S
2. Do you sell (man) shoes in this department? MEN'S
3. It's time to clean the (cactus) pots. CACTI'S
4. She's just popped to the (lady) room. LADIES'
5. The old (syllabus) versions were sent for recycling. SYLLABI'S
6. The (phenomenon) appearances are once-in-a-lifetime events. PHENOMENA'S
7. What effect does the (media) influence have on young people? MEDIA'S
8. (People) beliefs can vary according to age, culture, nationality and other factors. PEOPLE'S
9. The plumber looked at hundreds of water (main) components. MAINS'
10. The (criterion) updates were minimal. CRITERIA'S
11. The meeting will be to discuss some key (woman) issues. WOMEN'S
12. Eating sugar weakens the (tooth) defences against decay. TEETH'S
13. Our chef will prepare ten servings of tasty (octupus) arms. OCTOPI'S
14. (postman) bags must have strong stitching. POSTMEN'S
15. The farmer collected the (goose) eggs. GEESE'S
BACTERIA'S MEN'S CACTI'S LADIES' SYLLABI'S PHENOMENA'S MEDIA'S PEOPLE'S MAINS' CRITERIA'S WOMEN'S TEETH'S OCTOPI'S POSTMEN'S GEESE'S
21 August 2018
Please log in to post a comment.